· 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
· 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
· 2 tablespoons paprika
· 2 tablespoons salt
· 1 1/2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
· 2 tablespoons butter
· 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil, for frying
· 4 (6-ounce) portions skinless and boneless salmon fillets
Blue Cheese Sauce:
· 1/4 cup white wine
· 1/2 cup heavy cream
· 3/4 cup blue cheese crumbles
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
In a small bowl, combine the Italian seasoning, black pepper, paprika, salt, and cayenne. Season each piece of fish with the rub.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add the butter and oil. Once the butter has melted, add the fish and cook about 2 minutes per side.
Transfer the whole pan to the oven and cook for another 4 to 6 minutes.
For the sauce:
Place the white wine into a medium saucepan and reduce by half. Add the heavy cream and allow to reduce. Add the blue cheese and whisk until smooth. Serve on top of the salmon.
Posted on Tue, March 27, 2012
by Aaron filed under