Serves 4 (1 serving = 4 pieces)
· 1 pound fresh jumbo chicken wings cut in pieces, or 20 individual pieces
· Oil for greasing sheet tray
· 1½ tablespoons diced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce*
· ¼ cup honey
· ¼ cup unsalted butter (slightly melted)
· 1 teaspoon black pepper
· 1 tablespoon chopped chives
1. Pre-heat oven to 400° F.
2. Place the pre-cut wings on a large greased non-stick sheet tray.
3. Bake for 18-20 minutes, turning half-way through the cooking time, or until crisp on the outside and reaching an internal temperature of 165° F on an instant-read thermometer.
4. Add the remaining ingredients to a large bowl and combine with a rubber spatula, until well-mixed.
5. Remove the wings from the oven and toss in the sauce until evenly coated. Transfer to a large platter and serve.
*Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce are available in cans in the Latino/Mexian ethnic food isle of most grocery stores.
Posted on Thu, April 30, 2015
by Aaron filed under