· 1/4 cup coarse sea salt
· 1/4 cup coarse cracked black pepper
· 2 to 3 tablespoons grapeseed oil, for searing
· 1 whole Beef Striploin, trimmed with some fatback remaining
· Bourbon Mushroom Sauce, recipe follows
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
Add oil to sauté pan. Season meat on all sides with salt and pepper. Sear meat on all sides, about 2 to 3 minutes each side. Place meat on sheet tray with a rack. Roast meat for 30 to 40 minutes. Crank oven up to 450 degrees F. and roast for an additional 15 to 20 minutes until crust forms and meat is nicely colored. When done, allow to rest before slicing. In a small bowl reserve juice for Bourbon Mushroom Sauce.
Bourbon Mushroom Sauce:
· 5 tablespoons butter, divided
· 1 tablespoons garlic, minced
· 1 cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
· 1 cup onion, finely diced
· 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
· 1/4 cup bourbon
· 3 cups beef stock
· 1 tablespoon cracked black pepper
· 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
In a large saucepan over medium-high heat, add 4 tablespoons butter. Add garlic, mushrooms and onion and cook for 4 to 5 minutes until nicely Add flour and mix well to form pasty roux.
Posted on Wed, March 28, 2012
by Aaron filed under