Eggs are a great complement to pancakes, waffles and French toast. Nice and light, this is a great breakfast/brunch dish.
· 6 large eggs
· 1 tbsp kosher salt
· 1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
· 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
· 1 cup Gruyère cheese, shredded
· 1/2 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
· 8 slices bacon, cooked until crispy and then crumbled
· 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, whole or julienned
· 2 tbsp canola oil
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. Ina medium bowl, vigorously beat eggs with the salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes for 4 to 5 minutes, until frothy.
3. In another medium bowl, stir together the cheese, sun-dried tomatoes, bacon and basil.
4. Ina 12″ ovenproof skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the beaten eggs and cook gently, tilting the pan so the uncooked egg slides under the cooked parts. In 2 to 3 minutes, the eggs will begin to set. Sprinkle the cheese mixture evenly over eggs and remove pan from heat.
5. Transfer the pan to the oven and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, until the cheese melts. Slide the omelet onto a serving platter, folding it over onto itself as you do. Let the omelet sit for 1-2 minutes, and then cut and serve.
Posted on Tue, September 16, 2014
by Aaron filed under