· 2 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans
· 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced
· 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
· 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
· 1 lemon, juiced
· 3 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
· 1/2 pound pancetta, small dice
· 12 figs, halved
· Salt and freshly ground black pepper
· 1 cup crumbled blue cheese
· 1/4 cup chopped parsley leaves
· 1 teaspoon chopped thyme leaves
Preheat the grill to high heat.
In a large serving bowl add the beans, onions, garlic, tomatoes, and lemon juice. Add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and toss together. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until chilled.
In a large sauté pan coated with the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil, add the pancetta. Toss and stir until crispy and browned, about 3 to 4 minutes. Remove from the pan to a paper towel lined plate and set aside.
Add the figs to a small bowl and add salt and pepper, to taste. Drizzle with olive oil and toss.
Arrange the figs on the hot grill and cook until a nice char is achieved, about 1 to 2 minutes.
Remove the bowl with the beans from the refrigerator. Add the blue cheese, pancetta, parsley, thyme, and the figs. Toss to combine and serve.
Posted on Wed, March 28, 2012
by Aaron filed under